Catholic Social Services Australia has just published its Federal Election Statement.
CSSA is calling on the Parliament and the incoming government to commit to:
- Providing low-income and vulnerable families access to adequate income and social services when and where they need them;
- A full employment economy through the establishment of a Job Guarantee Program;
- Supporting the empowerment and self-determination of our First Nation peoples by working collaboratively and in genuine, formal partnership with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in progressing constitutional recognition;
- Resettling all remaining refugees on Manus Island and Nauru in Australia; and
- Establishing a Charter for the Common Good to enhance cooperation between government, business and civil society in delivering a more inclusive economy and society.