2015 Leadership Forum
Thank you to all those members who attended the 2015 Leadership Forum in Canberra.
Over the three days we focussed on the challenges facing social sector agencies. In particular we examined:
- how we can work effectively to assist people in need
- the new focus on the individual rather than the community
- the challenges facing agencies from sector-wide change, and
- increasing pressure to do more to meet increasingly complex social needs with fewer resources.
It was great to see the energy that our participants bring to the work of social services. The opportunity the forum gave us to learn from each other and others in the sector was welcome and enormously beneficial.
From Reform to Reality
The CSSA National Conference 2011, Sydney, 2-4 May
Key presenters at the Conference included:
- The Hon Tanya Plibersek, Minister for Human Services, Minister for Social Inclusion
Topic: Whole of Government commitment to social inclusion and Not for Profit reform
- The Hon. Mark Butler, Minister for Mental Health and Ageing
Topic: Mental Health Care reform in Australia and the role of social service agencies
- Dr John Falzon, CEO, National Council of the St Vincent de Paul Society and Member of the Social Inclusion Board – Topic: Social inclusion, dignity and liberation
- Associate Professor Cheryl Kernot, Director of Social Business, Centre for Social Impact
Social Enterprise: Where you should be setting your sights in this growth area.
The CSSA Awards 2011 were also presented at the National Conference. A complete transcript of the Awards’ presentation and speeches can be found here.
- CSSA National_Conference_ 2011_Program.pdf [PDF Document, 242.78 KB]
- CSSA National_Conference_2011_Registration_Form.pdf [PDF Document, 272.76 KB]